My Personal Philosophy

I am a pragmatic individual. I understand the world as a constantly changing set of interconnected problems. This may seem ironic given that I am a Social Studies Concentration focusing primarily on History. Most people view History as set in stone and unchanging, something that a pragmatist should be unconcerned with. I, however, know that History is always changing based on new information. This aligns with my belief that the world is constantly changing. I also believe that experience, simulations, and perspective provides the best means of learning. Only through individual growth and open-mindedness can one learn. This further connects with my humanistic viewpoint in education. I believe that it is the role of the educator to translate their content for the students based on the class's interest. I believe that students should be given the freedom to explore their interests within the social studies. As a Pragmatic Humanist, I aspire to give my students authentic learning experiences based upon their personal interests.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road Map Analysis

Young Educational Professionals MEA Session

March Book One Reflection