Content Knowledge

The Praxis 2 Social Studies Content Knowledge Test (5081) is the required Maine state test in order to be considered a highly qualified social studies teacher. This test is comprised of 130 multiple choice questions comprised of US History, World History, Geography, Economics, Civics, and Behavioral Studies. All UMF Secondary Social Studies majors must pass this test six months prior to their student teaching. Though I am the tutor for this test, Students A & B must either have completed or are currently enrolled in classes above. I can only reinforce their current knowledge by establishing their prior knowledge and highlighting content covered by the praxis test.

Educators must understand their content in order to properly teach it. As a life-long learner, I am continuously refining my understanding of various topics related to social studies. When I become a teacher, I could be teaching any number of these subjects at the same time. I pride myself on my innovative use of the content, but I can only do so if I understand the central concepts and prevailing theories of a number of different subjects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Politics in Education

Road Map Analysis

S.M.A.R.T Goals