Collaboration

Over the last month, I have been mentoring two students on the Praxis 2 Social Studies Content Knowledge Test. One major accommodation I had to make was the time of these sessions. I originally attended to hold one study session with both students. One of these students, however, lives significantly off-campus, making them unable to make my original session time. Given this information, I collaborated with the student in creating an alternative meeting time. These students now receive one-on-one tutoring sessions once a week, allowing me to provide individualized supports.

I have always held true that an effective educator must collaborate with their students, peers, administrators, and families. I have worked to foster collaboration amongst the current class of secondary social studies teachers. Since our introductions in Practicum, we have become familiar with each other's personality, expertise, and background. By recognizing each individual's value, all of us can continually grow as effective educators. When I become an educator, I hope to foster a similar positive association.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Politics in Education

Road Map Analysis

S.M.A.R.T Goals